Palestinian medical sources said that the baby Jodan Ameen Doghmosh arrived dead in Al-Shifa Hospital in the west of the Gaza City.
The medical sources said that the baby girl, five months, suffered severe burns across her body.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian civil defense directorate said in a statement that the baby died during a fire that came through her family house.
In the statement, they said that a candle was used to light the house during the full electricity blackout caused by the Israeli siege on Gaza.
Flames from the candle leaped and started a fire that came through the whole house of the baby, stressing that the other members of the family miraculously survived fatal death.
During the ongoing extreme rainstorm hitting the region, the Gaza residents use charcoal grills to warm up and candles to light their homes due to the severe shortage of electricity and fuel.
This article first appeared on Days of Palestine, and can be viewed here.